This second edition of the popular resource serves as a ready reference for equine practitioners. It provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of equine medicine and many surgical conditions. It is a hands-on, user-friendly text aimed at the busy practitioner, veterinary students, specialist equine technicians and others with an interest in horse health. Covers new topics, including intensive care, the pre-purchase examination, equine behavior, and anesthesia (including euthanasia).
- Covers a full range of topics in equine medicine, including infectious diseases, all major organs and systems, intensive care, nutrition, and much more.
- Designed to assist with the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and control of diseases and disorders in horses.
- Provides quick and easy access to practical solutions for clinical conditions.
- Comprehensively indexed and cross-referenced.
- Improved layout includes highlighted keywords and boxed elements for quick reference.
With 61 expert contributors.